Sunday, March 02, 2008

FARC Leader F***ed

Sort of intellectually lazy to resort to profanities but how else to characterize the elimination of Raul Reyes by Colombian forces? I have to give a hat-tip to Boz where I first happened upon the good news. He also has some good analysis and links - so good that anything on my part would be superfluous.

The only new news Boz has not put up is Venezuela's reaction which is to man up along the border to protect FARC guerillas residing in his country...Oh gosh...did I say that out loud? I meant that Chavez put troops along the border to protect the sovereignty of Venezuela. Chavez is also shutting down the embassy in Bogota. Since the Colombians did not touch Venezuelan territory this strikes me as a tad hysterical, assuming that he is not associated with the FARC. Chavez is doing his saber-rattling routine to see if he can boost popularity at home - it worked for Fidel so why not him? At least that seems to be his thinking.