Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Mags: Foreign Bargain, Commentary's Facelift, American Dream

Foreign Policy may not be my favorite mag but they do have quite a deal going on for the holidays. While the mag may not get a rave from me the FP site and blog are both must reads.

Neo-con central, aka as Commentary, has a new look and it is a vast improvement over the old. Check it out no matter your stripe Commentary is always interesting. In the latest issue Amir Taheri wants to get serious about Iran. In the last FP neo-con Joshua Muravchik propsed getting a whole lot more serious.

Being a James Glassman fan I find it hard to believe that I had not heard of The American, a new magazine of ideas and business. Glassman has long been in the vanguard exploring issues that affect business, society, science and culture and this promises to be much of the same. I wish them well and will subscribe as soon as I can figure out a way to hide the fact from my wife that I have paid for yet another magazine that I will never get around to reading.