Friday, September 14, 2007

Only if You Are Voting for Ron Paul

If you like Ron Paul, you'll love Lew Rockwell. There was actually one day last week when he managed not to post a story on Ron Paul. I confess a weakness for both Paul and Rockwell. Paul got my vote the first time I voted for Prez (dating myself). As for Rockwell he was essential in the creation and success of the Ludwig von Mises Institute. I never found him to be as capable a polemicist as his mentor Murray Rothbard, but he has carried on Rothbard's legacy . I need to make it clear that there are good and bad things about that legacy. If you are not sure what I am talking about read Brian Doherty's excellent Radicals for Capitalism. I was also a charter subscriber to the Rothbard Rockwell Report even though I was hardly a fan of its paleocon/paleolib experiment. I should make it clear that I have no intention of voting for Paul this time and that while I am intrigued by Rockwell's site I am rarely, if ever, in agreement.